Thursday, December 13, 2007

Exam #4, part 1

Is Pablo Picasso's Guernica a work of art, or is it propaganda? Because propaganda is made to influence peoples opinions and actions, I think Guernica is art. I think Guernica is art because it is not saying anything bad or good about something, it is just depicting what happened.

From my point of view, I see alot of different things. The thing that sticks out the most, to me, is all the faces. There are also faces and very few bodies. This shows that there is alot of chaos during this time. All the picture is in a jumble which I see as explosions, fires, and other things. There is alot of grief and pain within the picture too.

The bombing of Guernica was to show military power. It allowed the Fascists to bring about a state of fearfulness to the people.

No comments: